The problem I see very often with new minecraft players and sometimes even in experienced players , is that everytime they just start looking for a good patch of land and start mining right away for ores especially diamonds. They are one of the rarest minerals which can be found but are great for creating useful durable items. Even if you are able to find them , you will end up with just a few blocks and not in amounts you find coal.
- Lava pools
- Strip Mining
- Bottom line
Instead of starting to mine by yourself it is always better to find natural structures like caves , ravines which are more common near forests , villages , hilly areas.
The feeling of rushing back to your base from mining is awful just because you ran out of food or torches , I’ve been there and many new Minecrafters in this situations do tend to repeat the mistake of not doing the prep properly before heading for the mine.
Following are the least and one of the most important things you need to stack up before you hit the road.
|Bucket of water||×3|
|Trapdoor(For dive mining)||×5|
|Food(Cooked)||×20 or 25|
|Some cobblestone if mining in a ravine||×30|
Ravines , caves may get you a upper hand but it’s okay to mine by yourself from ground level instead of wasting much time of finding one.
Mostly diamonds and lava are likely to be found on the same layer. After you are able to locate one , pour the bucket of water on lava to avoid burns and create more space to walk for mining diamonds. Therefore you have to remember one thing that every Minecrafter out there keeps telling you that each and every method for finding diamonds takes patience and dedication as there is no guaranteed way to find diamonds.
Comparing this logic to the real world, there are real volcanoes that erupt diamonds along lava are called Kimberlite eruptions which last took place nearly 25 million years ago.
Strip Mining is one of the best ways to maximise your chances to find diamond ores if done properly. It will consume more time depending how much spacing you do between each tunnels.
Whether you do Strip Mining by keeping a space of 5 blocks or 2 blocks between tunnels , each one will have their PROS and CONS.
But from the test I have ran on 50 different seeds by both 5 and 2 block spacing . Here’s what I found:
|Type of mining||PROS||CONS|
|Stripmining(2 blocks gap between each tunnel )||36% higher chance of finding diamond in comparison to next one and lower chance of missing ore.||More time consuming|
|Stripmining( 4 to 5 blocks gap between each tunnel )||Can mine more area in least amount of time.||High chances of missing diamond ores.|
If you go after stripmining , I would advise you to mine at level 12 or 13 because though level 11 is the best to mine for finding all kinds of ores but it can be risky if you don’t want a
The a 100% guaranteed method for diamonds or any other types of ores doesn’t exist because Minecraft is totally autogenerated game, the tips and tricks you read in this blog post or any other one are only to help you increase the chances of getting diamonds and the rest lies in your hard work and you being patient.
- Nintendo Releases New Switch Game – Game Builder Garage – Allow To Develop Your Own Games
- CORSAIR Extends Partnership with BIG
- Sony to Invest in Discord for Integration with Chat Services for it’s PS5 Consoles
- Japan’s First Esports gym launching on 19th May.
- Esports Certification Institute issues Refunds after Backlash.
- New President of FATE Studio- Yoshinori Ono
- NRG Esports Partners with The General for Rocket League Title
- Intel Extends Partnership With ESL Gaming
- FIGHT Esports launches FIGHT Campus League in Malaysia, the Philippines, and Indonesia
- U.S. Parks and Recreation Esports Championship Launched by Mission Control In Partnership with HyperX
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons – Cheese Rolling is on the way
- Lenovo Renews Sponsorship With Brazilian Circuit of Counter-Strike (CBCS)
- Esports Fashion Group Launches Esports Fashion Week
- Wave Esports Partners With Red Bull
- Pinnacle Expands Esports Tournament into Dota 2
- ePremier League Expanses into China
- Sony’s Cloud Gaming Strategy – It’s ‘Unique and Only on PlayStation’
- TGS Esports set to acquire Even Matchup Gaming
- Mysterious update Released for Nintendo Switch.
- Xbox Game Pass Adds New Games Including Fable, MLB The Show 21
- Razer Invitational 2021 Tournament Announced for North America
- Sony Will Continue Selling PS3 and Vita Games
- PUBG Continental Series 4 (PCS4) Announced Across Americas, Asia, Asia/ Pacific and Europe