For those who are unaware, RTX is not a new concept , it has been used by big movie production companies for making CGI more seamless. Now as far the gaming industry is concerned, it will still take time for Ray tracing features to become mainstream. The GTX family used the Pascal architecture for a very long time until they introduced 20 series which were of upper mid-range and high-end GPUs which could highlight the advanced features such as Ray-tracing but as not all can afford such GPUs , hence grew a need for launching the GTX 16 series for budget PC builders.
The arrival of Raytracing , has already set a series of steps in motion which will in time lead to extinction of GTX in future eventually making them obsolete. Getting a GTX graphics card if you are on a tight budget ,should be best time to buy one now more than ever if you plan to target 1080p gaming.
Most of gamers out there are restrained to budget PCs. There is still time you will see GTX around before Raytracing chips go mainstream.
If you just compare them only in terms of raw performance then undoubtedly RTX wins the race but at this point those are quite expensive than the GTX family
GTX vs RTX
For those who do not know, RTX(ray tracing) is a graphic rendering technique which is making its way into the Gaming industry from Nvidia’s launch on “Turing” for GPUs to take the details of videogames to the next level.
Most of the games today use a technique called Rasterization where the code of the game directs GPU to render you a scene of a game with the help of polygons which is nothing but object(Mesh) you see infront of the screen.
Current games supporting RTX
|1.Stay in the light||14.Atomic Heart(upcoming)|
|2.Battlefield V||15.Doom Eternal|
|3.Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (2019).||16.Dying Light 2|
|5.Deliver us to the Moon||18.Crysis Remastered|
|6.Wolfenstein:Youngblood||19.Observer: System Redux|
|9.Quake 2 RTX||22. The Witcher3: Wild Hunt|
|10.Shadow of Tomb Raider||–|
|11.Stay in the Light||–|
Eventually the prices of RTX GPUs will reduce in future as AMD’s raytracing GPU is already in action as Hangar 21. It features a new kind of core called Ray accelerator. Even with all this information it’s still hard to predict how and whether it will affect Nvidia’s GTX series.
For Ray-tracing to become more cheaply available the GPUs must become mainstream , but for that to happen it may take at least few years or more because it involves multiple things like availaable stock , competition and eventually leading to price wars ie between AMD and Nvidia.
- Is RTX better than GTX?
- How to find diamonds in Minecraft PE.
- How to easily find villages in Minecraft.
- Which PC parts to buy first?
- Top 5 Esports games for mobile in 2021.
- Is 16gb ram enough for gaming in 2021.
- How to find coal quickly in Minecraft.
- Is GTX 1650 good in 2021?
- Reasons why online games make you or break you.
- Reasons to choose RTX 3060 ti over RTX 3070 in 2021?
- Is GTX 1660ti better than RTX 2060 in 2021?
- GPU vs CPU: Which is most important for gaming?
- Top 5 competitive games for android and Ios platforms.
- Top 5 time killing RPG games for android/IOS.
- Easy Solutions to video game addictions
- Best gaming platforms to choose in 2021.
- Is Ghost of Tsushima worth it?
- Are Gaming controllers worth it?
- Is PC gaming better than console?
- Is Logitech G502 Hero good?
- Are gaming chairs comfortable?