According to recent announcement made by Philip Hübner, The Chief Development Officer at Challengermode, through the Opera GX Grassroot Fund all organizers can apply for prize pool funding.
He stated:”Grassroot esports communities act as the introduction to esports for thousands of players around the world. But because of the evolving nature of the esports space local and third-party efforts organisations are often fragmented, underfunded, and lack the polish you’d expect from an established sport. These are the pain points we want to eliminate with this fund, empowering esports organisers to easily create their own dedicated space for their community, reducing their costs and giving players a respectable prize pool.”
It is often hard for small esports organisers to properly manage their teams, arrange prize pools following the growth of insufficient funding and attention towards new esports community members. In order to tackle these kind of situation the Sweden based esports organisations has decided to partner with Opera GX, a special version of Opera browser focused towards gamers.
They will be providing a total of $30,000 for small organisers who want to apply for prize pool funds. The official blog of Challengermode basic requirements of Grassroots Esport Funds stating that it was mainly started to help small organisers from the US, UK and Germany but others throughout the world still can apply for the prizepool funding.
- Australian esports org, ORDER partners with Zoomph
- Swedish veteran player olofmeister rejoins FaZe.
- HAVU head coach returns in lineup, replacing Jemi
- DoorDash partners with LCO
- m1cks appointed as Head coach of Nordavind
- Mike Rufail releases video responding to Huke statement
- London Esports assigns Karim Virani as Non-executive director, former CCO of West Ham
- LoL Wild Rift tournament launched by IGC
- Helix esports partners with GUNNAR Optiks
- AKUMA denies betting allegations on own matches
- Centric Gaming to partner with Alpha Esports
- ReKTGlobal partners with AutoFull
- Rogue to renew partnership with Kia Motors
- RESF responds to criticism targeted towards RMR Tournamment
- Why is my GPU usage low?
- Fall Qualifiers dates for BLAST Premier announced