ECI is receiving massive backlash and accusation for providing initial certification test which comes along with a study guide package for $400 which upon passing will certify newbies and will help them get a break in the Esport Industry.
ECI apologized by releasing a lengthy statement on Twitter stating:
“This has been humbling. First of all, thank you to the entire esports community for your feedback,” ECI said
“We read through every response/retweet, and we were lucky enough to also engage in dialogue with some of y’all. We hear you. We have plenty to fix and much to iterate through.”
ECI also stated that they will rethink and make decisions on how it will help solve the Nepotism and bad hiring in Esports.
Further in multiple tweets they went explaining that they pause all the signups for the Certification and refunding all the funds gathered and that their goal has been to help create multiple ways to get a breakthrough in the Esport industry and help reduce Nepotistic hiring. They also said that also intended to provide free waivers and scholarships to the financially needy.
- Nintendo Releases New Switch Game – Game Builder Garage – Allow To Develop Your Own Games
- CORSAIR Extends Partnership with BIG
- Sony to Invest in Discord for Integration with Chat Services for it’s PS5 Consoles
- Japan’s First Esports gym launching on 19th May.
- Esports Certification Institute issues Refunds after Backlash.