Free Fire World Series is the first global event of 2021’s Free Fire Season. Invited are the 22 best teams throughout 14 regional series in the first half of 2021.
The Game Developer and Publisher Garena has revealed plans for the 2021 Free Fire World Series, to be held at Singapore. It’s a hybrid digital and in-person event with a USD 2m (£1.44m) prize pool.
The Free Fire World Series (FFWS 2021 SG) will be held on May 22nd-29th in Singapore. It is being organised in cooperation with the Singapore Tourism Board, Singapore Cybersports, and Online Gaming Association.
FFWS 2021 SG Play-ins will be held on May 22nd and feature 12 teams that placed either first or second in the title’s regional-level tournaments. The Finals on May 29th will pit the top two Play-In teams against 10 seeds from each regional tournament. A specific venue for the Finals is yet to be announced.
Earlier, these events were to take place on April 24th and May 1st, respectively but were moved to accommodate pandemic restrictions. All 2020 tournaments were held online.
Justin Lye, Garena Global Esports Manager, commented: “We know how highly-anticipated the World Series is to our players and fans, so we’ve been working together with the relevant authorities to ensure we give them the biggest Free Fire tournament we’ve ever hosted. Safety has been and will continue to be our biggest priority as we carry out the event. This will be a good opportunity to welcome the very best Free Fire players to Singapore, where Garena was founded.”
Garena’s Free Fire saw a substantial rise in popularity among users over the past year. According to the release, it was the most downloaded mobile game worldwide in 2020 across both the iOS App and Google Play stores for the second year in a row.Jean Ng, Executive Director of Attractions, Entertainment, and Tourism Concept Development for Singapore Tourism Board added: “We are proud to support our homegrown gaming company Garena as they prepare for FFWS 2021 SG – one of the world’s leading Esports tournaments. The return of such events testify to Singapore’s growing reputation as an Esports destination as well as our ability to host such events safely.”
For more details about the event please go through https://liquipedia.net/freefire/Free_Fire_World_Series/2021/Singapore
- Mysterious update Released for Nintendo Switch.
- Xbox Game Pass Adds New Games Including Fable, MLB The Show 21
- Razer Invitational 2021 Tournament Announced for North America
- Sony Will Continue Selling PS3 and Vita Games
- PUBG Continental Series 4 (PCS4) Announced Across Americas, Asia, Asia/ Pacific and Europe
- Gaming Influencers Must Pay Close Attention, As Laws Catches Up To The Digital Age
- PS4 – Death of Clock Battery Will Stop You Playing Games
- OFFSET Esports partners with devolo for CS:GO bootcamp
- Levi’s Partners With NRG Esports
- University of Kentucky, Gen.G and ISA Join Hands To Launch Student Exchange Programme in South Korea
- Betway Partners with MIBR’s Female CS:GO team
- Singleton Foundation Join Hands with CSL Esports