Free Fire World Series is the first global event of 2021’s Free Fire Season. Invited are the 22 best teams throughout 14 regional series in the first half of 2021.
The Game Developer and Publisher Garena has revealed plans for the 2021 Free Fire World Series, to be held at Singapore. It’s a hybrid digital and in-person event with a USD 2m (£1.44m) prize pool.
The Free Fire World Series (FFWS 2021 SG) will be held on May 22nd-29th in Singapore. It is being organised in cooperation with the Singapore Tourism Board, Singapore Cybersports, and Online Gaming Association.
FFWS 2021 SG Play-ins will be held on May 22nd and feature 12 teams that placed either first or second in the title’s regional-level tournaments. The Finals on May 29th will pit the top two Play-In teams against 10 seeds from each regional tournament. A specific venue for the Finals is yet to be announced.
Earlier, these events were to take place on April 24th and May 1st, respectively but were moved to accommodate pandemic restrictions. All 2020 tournaments were held online.
Justin Lye, Garena Global Esports Manager, commented: “We know how highly-anticipated the World Series is to our players and fans, so we’ve been working together with the relevant authorities to ensure we give them the biggest Free Fire tournament we’ve ever hosted. Safety has been and will continue to be our biggest priority as we carry out the event. This will be a good opportunity to welcome the very best Free Fire players to Singapore, where Garena was founded.”
Garena’s Free Fire saw a substantial rise in popularity among users over the past year. According to the release, it was the most downloaded mobile game worldwide in 2020 across both the iOS App and Google Play stores for the second year in a row.Jean Ng, Executive Director of Attractions, Entertainment, and Tourism Concept Development for Singapore Tourism Board added: “We are proud to support our homegrown gaming company Garena as they prepare for FFWS 2021 SG – one of the world’s leading Esports tournaments. The return of such events testify to Singapore’s growing reputation as an Esports destination as well as our ability to host such events safely.”
For more details about the event please go through https://liquipedia.net/freefire/Free_Fire_World_Series/2021/Singapore
- Xbox adds new 512GB, 2TB Seagate Storage expansion cards.
- Adamas Esports secures partnership with EVOS Esports
- Global Chat would be great in Clash Royale, wouldn’t it?
- Gucci secures partnership with FACEIT
- Beta version for Battlefield 2042 now available on all platforms
- Choo Choo Charles, New Horror Indie title announced by Two Star Games
- Minecraft Dungeons lands on Steam
- Top 3 Android Simulation games to definitely try out
- PS5 September Software Update includes M.2 SSD Storage Expansion, 3D Audio Support for TV speakers
- GTA 5 and GTA Online to arrive next year on PS5 and Xbox Series S, X
- Darkest Dungeon 2 to land on Epic Games, October 26th 2021
- One month to go.. for Minecraft Live