Just a few years ago,8gb ram was considered to be sufficient enough for gaming, which by the way today should only be considered for entry level gaming.
I recommend you that you ask certain questions to yourself before you decide how much ram is you need depending on which kinds of games will you play? How much will you use it before upgrading? .If you are just looking for a straight single liner answer then probably this post isn’t for you.
16gb : Is it worth the investment?
16gb ram is mostly compared with 8gb for gaming , while some agree and some disagree it is important to know what one’s priorities are and depending on how long is he/she is going to use the RAM for.
There are some games which require more than 8gigs of ram while others perform just fine, so for questions like these there isn’t always a straight answer to these kinds of questions but one i.e. it “depends” on the kind of work you are doing.
For hard-core gamers
Browsers and operating systems consume most of your RAM. Windows 10 alone requires 2gb ram to run and on the other side browsers like Google chrome can consume even more if you have opened a lot of tabs while gaming. Based on this, gaming companies give minimum requirement category of ram to enjoy the full potential of the game, keeping the default ram consumption of your PC in mind.
16gb ram would be a investment worth it if your priorities include gaming , casual browsing with future proofing your gaming rig for at least 3 – 4 years.
For content creators and streamers.
3d designing, video editing, online streaming are heavy tasks which eat up huge chunks of the ram.
If you are thinking to become a youtuber, twitch streamer, video editor, graphic designer etc than at least 16gb+ ram is recommended but still if you are on a tight budget , it is possible to get away with 16gigs .
Why 16gb over 8gb ram
In 2021, 8gb ram is good for entry level gamers. Most of the games can be run on 8gb ram but
Taking cyberpunk for instance , the kind of game which will affect the future standard of the games has the following minimum requirements.
Minimum requirements raytracing off
|GPU||Radeon RX 470|
|Processor||Intel core i5-3570K or AMD FX8310|
Minimum requirements with raytracing on
To enjoy the full potential of the game and for the most part for what it’s made for ie raytracing ,you will need a minimum of 16gb ram, while on the other hand you can also enjoy the game without raytracing with 8gigs of RAM.
Hence it all depends on you and you budget, but we recommend at least getting 16gb which would be worth a investment for future proofing your gaming rig, observing the future trends of the gaming industry.
Buying ram for your PC now is probably the best time because the prices of them is going downhill for quite bit of a time.
- Top 5 Esports games for mobile in 2021.
- Is 16gb ram enough for gaming in 2021.
- How to find coal quickly in Minecraft.
- Is GTX 1650 good.
- Reasons why online games make you or break you.
- Reasons to choose RTX 3060 ti over RTX 3070 in 2021?
- Is GTX 1660ti better than RTX 2060 in 2021?
- GPU vs CPU: Which is most important for gaming?
- Top 5 competitive games for android and Ios platforms.
- Top 5 time killing RPG games for android/IOS.
- Easy Solutions to video game addictions
- Best gaming platforms to choose in 2021.
- Is Ghost of Tsushima worth it?
- Are Gaming controllers worth it?
- Is PC gaming better than console?
- Is Logitech G502 Hero good?
- Are gaming chairs comfortable?
- Is GTX 1060 good in 2021?
- Best Acer gaming laptop 2020 : Acer Predator helios 300.